Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Be a Better Blogger

   Good Morning!
  I hope everyone enjoyed a nice Easter/Passover holiday.  We had a good time out here at the ranch getting ready for the big trail ride next month & I got to see some friends from high school that I hadn't seen in a long time.
  We have lots of babies hitting the ground & so I'm constantly running around checking on the babies & the mommies.  Monday, I took 3 mommies & 3 babies to the vet only to find out when I got to town that I kidnapped a wrong baby!  Wrong baby returned to mother (who was not happy with me) & correct baby taken to vet.  It was funny.  What was not funny was that Peppe died on me out in the East pasture!  I walked about a mile to get home & got WB to tow me to the shop.  I think the battery is dead because those ratty calves turned on the headlamp scratching their heads on the handlebars!

 This is a shot of me in the back of the truck with our current patient.  She was rather weak & so WB & I snatched her up & got her to the vet yesterday.  She was dehydrated & had a little fever.  Amazing how these calves do not seem to mind riding in the air conditioned truck on a soft blanket.   All babies & mommies will come  home today.  It will be good to have them all back in the pasture where they belong.  I started moving everyone around in the pastures yesterday so that I can keep a better eye on these girls & they can't hide their babies out in the woods all the time.  I just will not accept loosing any of them due to lack of attention!
  This was last nights dinner.  I promised WB no more ham this week.  I think we are growing snouts due to 3 days in a row.  My quiche was pretty darned good though & got no complaints from WB although he did snort a few times, but I think that is from an over abundance of swine cuisine.
  Today is busy.  Run to D&D to return some horse tack & pick up trailer hinges then back here to move a mattress out of the camper, check on all my cows, order a new battery for Peppe & go pick up the bovines in town.  I'm sure the list will grow as the day goes on.  It usually does!! 
  Hope you have a great day too.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment