Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Need An Office

 Thank goodness I love my veterinarian!  I have been at his office every day this week & going again today & will probably end up there again tomorrow!!  Either I need an office at his place or he should move out here - it would be so much easier for me!!  Ah.  Such is the way it goes in calving season though.
  The picture here is of my big back yard that hasn't been mowed in quite some time.  I couldn't mow it when the grass was only a little tall because those ratty basset hounds have dug foxholes halfway to China all over back there & I'd end up with my kidney sticking out of my ear if I use the regular mower.  Instead, I am going to try to get these yearlings to help knock it back & then we are going to have to use the small tractor & shredder to get this yard mowed.  I do think I let it just grow & grow because it is so wonderful to see a sea of green everywhere.  I want it to last as long as possible!!
 

  Say hello to lovely lady Sally & her bitty baby.  Sally & 2 of her friends had just hopped off the trailer from their visit to the vet.  Sally would love to have fingers & toes right now so that she could climb up the side of the trailer, like I did, & kick my butt for taking her baby away, hauling her into town, making her stay at the vet, taking her baby away again & then hauling her home.  I say that I am very happy she is a cloven hoofed bovine!  There I sat on top of the trailer for a few minutes before I scaled my way to the other side & climbed down.  She huffed & growled a few more times at me before taking her baby off into the trees.
  Today is going to be....get 33 & big 27 to vet.  33 had a baby 2 days ago & hasn't expelled all her afterbirth & 27s baby is at the clinic already.  I told baby that I would bring her home & she could stay in my room where we could have tea parties & prank call boys, but the vet said it would be best if I brought her mother in so that maybe she will learn to nurse properly & that cows don't drink tea or make phone calls!  Huh - we'll see about that.  Anyway, round trip to vet, mess with horses (who all look terribly pregnant because they are so grass fat!), pick up new mattress for camper, pick up battery for Peppe (fingers crossed that gets him back on the road), fix water trough (how does a brass chain just disappear?  It's heavy.  Shouldn't it fall to the bottom of the trough???), and lordy knows what else will hit my To Do List today, but bring it on because I'm ready!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment