Monday, November 12, 2012

Geographically Confused


I have had the good fortune to spend the past few weekends in the Texas Hill Country.  I love the area where I live, but the rugged beauty of that area is just breath taking!  Here, Ruby & I are taking a little break after a long & arduous trail ride in the park. 

I'm back home again & Missy, the escape artist, has met her match in my trailer.  WB was trying to go visit some neighbors & she wouldn't stop following him.  This was the best way to keep her around the house & out of the yard where she just loves, loves, loves to dig, dig, dig.  I think she enjoyed her little ride down to the barn & then she was off & running again.

Back in the Hill Country again for a calf sorting & penning clinic.  As you can see, my calves are very nervous & upset from their 3 hour ride in the trailer.  The clinic was so much fun.  I learned a lot & strengthened my riding relationship with Ruby.  Now I want to work cows on horseback here so I can see if it was all just a fluke!

These pictures never do the colors justice, especially when using your phone camera, but what a glorious morning it was.  I have pictures of the calf clinic coming & will post some of those when I get them.  I'm looking forward to going back again in June for another clinic.  The calves might have other ideas on that one, but they will get over it as their accommodations there are first class!  Added bonus for them is that they get lots of hay, feed & range cubes while on their little calf vacation.
It is cold & windy here this morning & almost time to get layered up so I can get unpacked, de-poop the trailer & get all my gear stowed away.  It will be a day full of laundry, feeding of animals & getting ready to get all the cows up on Wednesday for vaccinations & pregnancy testing.  Fingers crossed - everyone is pregnant so that we have lots of sweet babies hitting the ground in the Spring! 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment