Monday, August 8, 2011

Bad Blogger

Jeez!!  These last two weeks have been a whirl wind, three circuses & a foot race all in one.  Thank goodness that even though it has been hotter than Hades during a heat wave, it was a great two weeks.

Two of my very dear friends entrusted me with their children for a week.  We went horseback riding, they drove the Kubotas around exploring, I think we shot every day, went to a single action shoot, visited Cabela's, swimming, set up a flag pole and of course, taking care all the numerous animals that require daily feeding & care.
This picture is from the SASS shoot.  Tyler's (L) alias is Blazing Bullets & Hunter's (R) alias is The Kid.  I wanted them to be The Kid & The Other Kid because I think that is funny.  But that is just me!!  :-) 
We had big ambitions for projects that week, but the flag pole was the one I wanted to make sure got done & so glad it did.  The boys had a grand time digging a hole, mixing the concrete & setting the whole thing up.  WB was & is happy with the results.  He's wanted a flag pole for some time.  I love the Come & Take It flag!  One of my favorite battle flags.
The chicken coop didn't get done, but at least I have the lumber & just need to get started.  It's so blooming hot by the time I get done with my morning duties that I can't get motivated to get started.  I'll think about it & maybe get started tomorrow.  Yeah, right Scarlett.  Tomorrow!  Uh huh.  We'll see about that!
It was a great week with the boys.  I think they really enjoyed themselves & are ready to come back again any time.  They especially loved their last night's supper because they could eat what ever they wanted.  Yes, they both had cake & ice cream!  Oh yes & a few squirts of Redi Whip directly in the mouth - only way to eat that stuff!!
Once the boys went home, it has just been the usual routines here - make sure all animals have food & water, water the yard, laundry, run to the grocery & feed stores, sneak in some visits with friends &, my personal favorite, naps.  This week is trying to nail down my hay deal, get air compressor fixed, get hydraulic hose on tractor fixed, make a run to Austin & Lord only knows what else will plop itself on my plate this week - it is only Monday. 
Bring it cuz I'm ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment