Monday, August 22, 2011

Lazy Days of Summer My Hind Foot!!!

  Who ever coined that phrase must not have had a job!!  I have to admit that I am glad summer is coming to an end.  Maybe we'll see some cooler temperatures. I have heard tales of a miraculous event that happens where water falls from the sky.  Maybe I'll get to see that happen too.
  Busy days on the ranch keeping all the animals fed.  BB is still coming up twice a day for her feed laced bottles of milk & I now have a little bull calf who has figured out that food comes from this house & from me.  Those two spend quite a bit of time in my yard helping keep what grass I have mowed.  Dog loves having visitors in the yard, but doesn't quite understand why that little white dog with the funny ears won't play with him!
  My main goal these days is finding & buying hay.  I've been lucky with two loads of good hay & have a nice prospect that I am going to check out later today.  Fingers crossed, it will be good stuff & I can order 4 loads.  That should help out & keep me in hay until winter.  Fingers double crossed that it will rain & I can buy hay locally instead of from Louisiana or Kansas!
  Had a fun weekend with friends & should have a busy week this week before heading to Houston for the weekend.  Am off to visit my Mom.  It is important to actually get away from the ranch so that I can relax over the weekend instead of working through it.  No complaints though.  Hot & dry as it is, I still love being here & getting my day started every day.  We'll see if I do get to relax as my Mom usually has more than one project for me to help with.
  OK - time to get back to it before it is  800 degrees in the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment