Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bad Blogger!!

Been so busy during the day & night that there has been no time for blogging!! Definitely good as there is no worry I will get bored & I do get bored easily. Great week full of cows & calves & horses & the usual ranch stuff - cows knocking over fences, calves getting in to the bull & horse pasture, keeping count of all those calves (18 total so far!) & keeping everyone fed in this weather.
I got some good pictures of our snow from Friday. It was all gone by 3pm which was great! I got a good workout breaking the ice on all the water troughs at the first part of the week. Thankfully, everything is thawed out now so the troughs are full for this next freeze we are supposed to have tomorrow.
The mule & 2 ponies weren't all that happy about the snow. I did give them some extra food that day. All 3 of them are kind of wild & won't let anyone near them, but I managed to trap them up today so they will have good shelter tonight &, as added benefit, good eats in the morning. All the horses get pedicures on Thursday!!
We had a few calves get separated from their mommas today. I finally got to hold one of those super cute little fuzzy wuzzys. Of course, in all the excitement of being handled, the little guy peed on me! Oh well, he's only been on Earth for 2 days now & isn't too clear on the rules. It wasn't the time to discuss it as he was quite distressed. His momma is named the Queen of Mean so I'm really glad she was too busy eating alfalfa to realize that I was holding her baby! She'd have eaten my breakfast, lunch & dinner!!

Off to bed. Preparing for another super cold day. I have plenty of inside chores though. I need to clean my room & do a bunch of cooking - taco soup, spaghetti sauce, shepherds pie & maybe chili too. Love getting all that stuff made & in the freezer for those nights that don't have time nor the energy to cook dinner. Not like I can just order delivery out here!!
Hopefully, the weather clears up again soon as my waist line will not be able to handle too much hanging around indoors. Gotta get out & moving so I can work off that taco soup & spaghetti & shepherds pie!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment