Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BRRRR!!!

The "feels like" 8 degrees this morning felt more like -8!  Once I got my fifteen layers on, I headed out in to the cold.  The horses were happy to get in their stalls & munch on hay out of the wind.  The water troughs were all frozen over & so I took a shovel to all that ice to break it up.  Must say that was actually fun!  I'm worried that the pipes are all frozen because the troughs aren't refilling.  May have to do some maneuvering of the cows so that everyone can get to water.  Hopefully, fingers crossed!, they will fill tomorrow.  Guess we'll see how that goes.
Kind of a blah & stay indoors kind of day.
#180 did have a calf & it seemed to be doing well.  Was afraid I'd find a calfcicle this morning & we'd be having a funeral instead of excitement over a new arrival.  The Mexican Eagles are loving hanging around the calves though.  Lots to eat with those little guys around.  I tried to get a picture, but it didn't turn out.  Will have to get a real camera (instead of my cell phone camera) out tomorrow to see if I can get a shot of them.
We are up to 15 calves now & we'll see if there are more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment