Monday, January 31, 2011

Queen of the Hill

This is Honey the Donkey. She was playing queen of the hill. I think either she won or she was the only one playing! Too funny though to drive out to the pasture & see this image this morning. Honey was braying her brains out too!
So busy today that I can't even think about all the stuff I did today. I do remember being an electrician of sorts, horsing around with the horses, running into town & feeding the calves this evening. Other than that....I'm blank! I think I'm still tired from our busy weekend.
Speaking of...the weekend was very fun. Charlie, WB & I went to the shoot in Upton on Saturday & had a great time. I tried out some different rifles & carbines belonging to a friend as WB is looking at a different rifle/carbine for me. Most likely a carbine because I don't need the long barrel of a rifle. Since a carbine is shorter, it is better suited for a woman's frame. Gorgeous day & had a literal & figurative blast!
Weather was a little spotty Sunday morning, but we took the gamble & hit the big pay day! It ended up being a beautiful morning to ride horses. Ruby did really well - no kicking & she only pinned her ears back when she couldn't see Steele. Since he can be a real toot, I don't blame her for not liking it when he was out of eye sight! I'm getting more comfortable on her & feel like I'll really have full confidence on her fairly soon.

These two guys here are Trooper & Charlie. We are looking at Trooper to adopt as Charlie's noble steed. He, Trooper not Charlie, is a retired competition jumper, but also a retired HPD (Houston Police Department) officer. Sweet guy just stood there while I petted him, checked his hooves & messed with his muzzle. Of course I had to give him a few treats as a reward. He hasn't been under saddle in 4 years. I'm hoping that all will work out that we get to keep him, but we do not want, nor do we need, another horse that just eats & poops! Keeping fingers crossed.
Tomorrow. Hmmm. I think I'm going to go the Scarlet O'Hara route on tomorrow & think about it tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: