Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm Back!!

Left cold rainy Houston this morning & drove into a cool non-rainy day at the ranch. Had another great weekend in H-town with my hubby. We had some friends over for dinner Sat night & that was about it for highlights of the weekend.
Today was a "hit the ground running" day back on the ranch. After I put away 800lbs of feed in the feed room, my horse stalkers were looming about so I fed them. Ruby got her daily grooming & lunging. She was feeling her oats a bit as she tried to bite me while I was saddling her. So...she got to lunge some more in full saddle before I rode her. Just a little ride around the arena. I don't feel sure enough about myself with her yet to go galavanting off into the back acreage.
Horses tended to, it was time to go check on the commercial cattle. We now have a total of 13 babies. They are playing around in the top picture & then needed a little rest afterward. I think their mothers told them to sit down & be quiet. They were having a killer bridge game & had just brewed a fresh pot of coffee. Too cute cute!
While out checking on the baby count, I had the donkeys (Hody & Honey) trying to climb into the Kubota with me. Hody nearly bit me 5 or 6 times. What's the deal with horses & donkeys trying to bite me today?? Biting Tara does not make her want to pass out the treats!!!
Tomorrow is grocery store, fill mineral feeders, work with Ruby some more & lord only knows what else will cross my path. Am sure it will be just fine though - what ever it is.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment