Thursday, January 27, 2011

Just Lovely

No more new calves, but the ones we have are too cute. Little Slash over here was catching some morning sunshine yesterday. A few of his friends joined him a little later. I tried to get a picture of the calf pile, but the crazy donkeys kept getting in the way or trying to bite me or stealing my gloves or taking my calf calendar or...you get the picture, they were being a total nuisance! I'm making sure there is plenty of mineral out so that if we do have more calves next week with the new cold front, there won't be any problems. Really don't want another vet house call because the momma can't expel the afterbirth properly. Mineral helps them do that & is way cheaper than the vet coming to visit!
Sugar is enjoying life on the ranch. She has plenty of yard to roam around in & spends most days chillaxing in her day bed. She must get her 20 hours of sleep less she be grumpy although she's usually grumpy anyway. I guess I would be if I were that old. She's 16. If I were 112, I'd be grumpy too!

I have been working working working in the horse barn these days. I built some blanket drying racks yesterday & plan to install them today. We had near disaster yesterday when 3 horses piled up in 1 stall. I'll be heading to the hardware store for latches, hasps & chain to install on all of the stalls so those pesky guys can't open the stalls themselves anymore. Thank goodness Daddy was at the workshop & heard the commotion. Racks & latches installed, I will need to check the light fixtures that don't work & replace or repair. Fun stuff over, I guess I'll have to start cleaning up some of the old saddles to complete my work in there. Will have to take my time with that so that I can figure out what project to start working on next!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment