Monday, January 17, 2011

It's Monday Already?

Fun weekend again! This time, in Houston. Spent the afternoon with my Mom on Friday celebrating her birthday. We had lunch & got our eyebrows threaded. Throw in a mani/pedi & we would have had the full grooming treatment! We had a lot of fun and I think she really enjoyed her birthday.
Saturday was full of running errands & getting ready for the Epiphany Party. We always have a lot of fun with the cousins & it was extra fun this time. Theater & Movies was the theme so we dined on a bounty of delicious appetizers before our gift exchange of items you might take to the theater or movies. Last, but not least, was charades. The gift swap was really funny as someone is always getting something stolen & charades was a hoot. I'm terrible at it & got a really tough one. We all just gave up on me, but every one else did great & most titles were guessed.
Can't imagine why, but no one wanted my white gloves that I got in the gift exchange. I had Katie (with me in the picture) in stitches with those gloves. We all had to take a potty break because we were laughing so hard. Again, such fun with the family.
Sunday was spent running about to parents houses to wrap up the family weekend. Charlie & I made a delicious pot of chili for dinner & enjoyed a relaxing evening at home.
Back to the ranch today. I finally had a chance to ride Ruby. We did really well & I just need to keep up working with her & riding her while we have this good weather. The calves missed me over the weekend. Little 57 tried to eat my hair & gave me plenty of kisses - that means the right side of my face is now thoroughly exfoliated! Mrs. Doe has fully integrated into the herd & she is bellying up to the trough in this picture. All the other calves are at the trough to the right & out of the camera shot. It is so sweet the way they have all adopted each other. I'm glad she has friends because she would be very lonely otherwise.
Back to riding & other ranching tomorrow. Looking forward to a busy week full of horses, cows, dogs & donkeys!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment