Thursday, January 6, 2011

Beautiful Day!

Cold crisp morning this morning. We didn't put out hay because we are going to fog it to 'em tomorrow. Weather supposed to be really nasty by this weekend. Spent the morning cutting up old garden hose into 18" pieces for the "snake pit" at the shooting range. Those "snakes" really fly out of the sand when hit in just the right spot with a shotgun! After my snake charming, off I went for a long ride with my cousin & some of his friends. Rode Estee today - she is a sweetie & fun to ride. Since she is a Quarter horse, I feel like I need a ladder to get up on her. Good thing I'm limber!
WB spent his morning cutting out new targets for the range. They are a Texas star with a ring around them. When finished, they look like a badge. He'll hopefully have 2 if not all 4 ready tomorrow so we can shoot them on Saturday. I was really jealous because that looked like fun although I'm sure it would have looked like a blind monkey cut them out if I had a go at that cutting torch.
My other cousin found one of the flags Mom & Daddy used on SV Tire Swing - 42' WestSail cutter rigged ketch. It flew on her in Palmetto, FL in 1995. This flag survived two hurricanes - Luis & Martin per my cousin. I am still crying missing my beloved Mother, but happy to see a cherished piece of our family's history again. I lived on the boat with my parents in my early 20's. It was a lot of fun & I still have many wonderful friends there. I learned how to sail, strip & refinish teak, always had a killer tan, got a tattoo with one of Mom's friends at Lou's Tattoos in St. Pete (she got a dolphin & I got a sailboat), and so many fun memories that I can't even begin to share. It makes me sad & very happy to see that flag - mostly tears of happiness.

Tomorrow is going to be busy - get out hay, meet my potential new horse & ride her, feed calves, get dinner ready & await the arrival of my hubby from Houston. Looking forward to his first shoot with us on Saturday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment