Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year Y'all!

WOW! The holidays have just flown by. Can't believe the new year is here & it will be time to get back to work, work, work.
Charlie & I had a great time with our families & friends. I think we actually managed to see just about everyone this year & we aren't exhausted from running about to & fro.

Charlie & I, mostly Charlie, took down the old guinea pen yesterday & so the side yard looks much better. Now to wait for Spring & to get some grass in that yard. I'm really excited about that as Dog will no longer be bringing all that dirt in the house!

As you can see, Dog is ready to start the New Year. I think really he'd like some breakfast, but I haven't started cooking yet today! I'm going to have to get the black eyed peas & cornbread going here soon though. Must have that luck for 2011.

Bunk Stagner is going to start the year off with a big bang by going to Agarrita Ranch for a SASS shoot. He took off just a little while ago & is now back since the shoot doesn't start until 11. He would have been just a little early & their gate would have been locked! He's not sure what he's going to do with himself for the next 2 days. We've had a houseful for over a week & the house will be awfully quiet. Maybe I'll put a bell on Dog's collar so that there is some annoying noise going on in the house! Nawww - I like my Dad so I won't do that to him. Might drive him over the edge trying to figure out where that noise is coming from. I push the limits of his sanity on a daily basis - as all good children should do for their parents.
Sugar drank way too much booze last night & is nursing her hangover. I kept telling her to slow down on those drinks, but she wouldn't listen & now is paying the price. You'd think she would know the score by now considering that she is fairly ancient!

We are back to Houston today. I hope the fact that I have to go home & clean house & toilets for guests is not an indication of how the year is going to go for me considering that it is starting in the toilet!! Maybe I'm just getting the worst over first & the rest of the year will be cake. One can only hope & think positively.

I wish everyone a very happy & healthy new year. May 2011 be good to you & your families.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment