Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ruby Tuesday

Had a horse filled day today.  Started out in the horse barn & stayed there all morning & a little bit after lunch.  The horses decided they would like a little breakfast & get out of the foggy cold windy morning.  Once I kicked them out again, it was time to muck the stalls.  All cleaned up, I decided to tackle the hay stall.  I'm always cautious walking in there because I don't know what is under all that hay!  Forked up all the hay & used it as bedding in the stalls as well as adding 4 fresh hay bales to the hay stall. 
The cattle inventory is as finished as it is going to get until we do a round up this spring.  I did get pictures of all the bulls & formatted their inventory to match the commercial inventory spreadsheet.  I think Uncle Don is going to curl his toes in delight at the new inventory.  At least I'm hoping he will!
The sun finally came out late afternoon & so I lunged Ruby & then went for a short ride.  I think she was more interested in the peppermint treats in my pocket than anything else, but we had a good workout & ride.  Tomorrow, I will officially adopt her.  Am really excited!!
The calves were a little confused with the new feeding arrangement tonight.  Their old feeding area is just a mud pit & so we moved the troughs.  Most of them went bounding into the old area only to freak out & come running back to the new area.  So funny when they realized that the food wasn't going in there.  Silly little calves!!
I'm pooped from scooping poop today & am going to go collapse in my freshly clean sheeted bed.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment