Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Are You My Mother???

Here is little Miss BB & Dog. Dog is still trying to get her to play with him & neither of them quite understand what the problem is with that! Dog thinks she's a funny smelling dog with a poor play attitude. Miss BB is only 4 days old & she's still trying to figure out that the back of my leg is not her momma's udder. Perplexing is how I'm still the milk lady!
She's a hoot. When you go out in the yard & she sees you, she belts out an odd little beller & comes charging toward you with tail in the air using her slightly unbalanced run. I literally have to run away from her to get back in the house without her hot on my tail. This is no small feat as she can cover some ground quickly! No doubt we is a bit country out here, but we do draw the line at a healthy calf in the house. Had to qualify that as we have had plenty of very sick calves in the house.
This was the end scene of my busy day yesterday. Let's see if I can remember how it went...woke up, drank a cup of coffee, dressed & brushed & ran out the door to feed Miss BB, met the guy from the auction barn who picked up our cows for sale, mixed feed for horses, filled horse feeders, found horses & called them in for breakfast then shooed them back out of the barn, check on 238 momma who still hasn't gotten up & gave her fresh water, back to the house & made me some breakfast, spread fertilizer on the new yard, started watering the yard & then off to the tractor to spent the next few hours putting out hay (this took a while because the big girls destroyed one of the hay rings & it had to be replaced with a spare & I found a 5 1/2 foot, yep feet!, long snake skin hanging in one of the oak trees which was most likely from a Lindheimers rat snake), lunch with me Papa, did some laundry, started packing for my trip, fed Miss BB, watered the flowerbed plants, cleaned up calf poop off the front porch (ucko yucko!), go check on 238 momma again & see that 210 Jennifer had her baby & that she has mastitis in her front 2 quarters, feed the young girls & 238 momma, run to town for medicine for Jennifer, go pick up the auction check, pick up BBQ for dinner, back home & off to give 238 her shot to promote her healing & reduce swelling, filled 8 gallons of water for us then back to the house to have dinner, feed Dog, feed BB, clean up dishes, finish laundry, chat on the phone, shower & FINALLY....to bed!!
Dang, I think I want to go back to bed now just reading all that! After the last run of the day in the Kubota, this was our driveway. All the little girls (yeah, I know, they really aren't that little! yet compared to the big girls, they are) came running to see if we had more treats & were clamoring to get into the carport to visit Miss BB.
Today shouldn't be so bad - feed horses & keep up just in case I need Ruby to get Jennifer to the pens, doctor Jennifer's udder & check on her baby, finish packing, quick shower, meet girls for lunch, drive to Houston, pick up some something for my car from the car top place, wash my car & try to have all that done by the time Charlie gets off work at 5. Rather abitious schedule, but it wouldn't be a regular day for me if I didn't have 15 million things to do or directions to go in.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment