Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's a Wednesday

No pictures of my little car as it is currently getting a new stereo installed.  The old one kicked the bucket.  Maybe the new one will be easier for me to figure out.  Too many unknown buttons on the last one.  Sometimes keeping it simple is best for me!
Sad day yesterday.  #33 is a first time mommy & she had her calf yesterday morning.  Poor little baby was itty bitty & it was sooo cold - 52 in May???  WTH???  Anyway, I scooped up baby who was freshly born & not moving much.  WB & I got him to the house & tried to warm him up by getting him dry & getting some warm milk in his tummy.  Didn't seem to be doing much good so I wrapped him up papoose style & shot in to LG.  Apparently, I can make it to the vet's office in less than 20 minutes!  We worked on the guy for 30+ minutes rubbing him with warm towels & blankets, pouring warm milk into his tummy & finally a hot bath in an effort to get his internal temperature raised.  Doc informed me that we were fighting a loosing battle.  I told Doc that I'd rather fight & loose than not fight at all.  Little baby pretty much died right there while I held him.  He started off on a tough road being born a month or so early & it was so cold yesterday.  Very sad & I had the duty to tell momma 33 what happened to her baby.  I don't think she understood me, but I felt better for giving her the news in person.
On to another brighter day today.  WB & I are off to Buda.  I have a feeling that WB is going to make it home with more than one new firearm.  That's ok because there is still plenty of space in the safe in my room!
Off to feed those sweet pesky horses & then get ready to go to Cabela's.  I just might find a thing or two or three or....for myself while we are there!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment