Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Whip & Ride

Austin County Trail Drivers Partnership had their fundraiser trail ride here at the ranch this weekend. I do believe it is the second time for the Van Wart Ranch to host & it sure was a lot of fun. The horses & trailers & campers & trucks & dogs &.....was a bit overwhelming, but all worth the chaos as everyone had a great time. On one hand, surprising & on the other hand, not surprising that when all the 75+ riders & all their gear moved out on Sunday, there was not one speck of trash on the ground. Not a napkin or cigarette butt or bottle cap - nada nada. The only evidence was a little fresh & some recycled hay. I'm sure there are others, but it has been my experience that people who enjoy trail riding are also very respectful of the land on which they ride. It makes you want to have them all here every weekend!!
The best part of the whole weekend was getting good saddle time on Ruby. I discovered that she is not going to be a major trail ride horse for me. As many times as she saw & heard the wagons, she could not get over her fear of them when they were behind her. I thought she was going to jump out of her skin at one point. Fortunately, I was able to pull us off to the side at a safe distance so she could watch the wagons go by. If she can keep an eye on all those noise makers, she is happy. Basically, that means we are always last on the trail. Doesn't matter to me unless the wind is blowing all the dust in our faces! That is the only time I don't like being in the very back!!

Fun pasture dance on Saturday night with a few of my local friends who came out to visit. Next thing I knew, it was midnight & I was turning into a pumpkin FAST! A short ride on Sunday & then back to Houston that night with Charlie in hopes that my car would be ready on Monday. All of my car stuff worked out as a Houston friend needed me to take him to an appointment & my car wasn't ready until lunch time. Appointment made, met with Charlie & lunch eaten; it was pick up the car & head back to the ranch. Actually, not a direct route as I had to drop my car off at the stereo place in LG. The stereo finally died completely on C during his trip home from NC. Hopefully, it will be a bad connection or two. If not, I am fully prepared to buy a new stereo.

Next photos I'll post will be of my little car with & without it's top!! The new top looks so good & reduces the road noise a little bit. My silver scooter will have gotten a nice spruce up & shouldn't need any more major stuff for a long time!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment