Sunday, May 8, 2011

What a Week!!

I know this picture is a little risque, but the SLI didn't mind having her picture taken without her top. It's now been over a week since the new top was installed & it is great! So nice to have a good top on the car as well as having a stereo that works. My other one kicked the bucket since the ground wire was bad & it fried the deck. So...new stereo & new top. It's almost like I have a new car!! I can officially put the top down on it, but I'm still a little wary of leaving it down for too long as I want to make sure it stretches properly. I certainly don't want troubles in the future with it.
Momma 238 finally had her calf on Friday. Normal gestation is 9 months & I think this little girl hung around in there for an extra month. She's huge!! I'm worried about Momma as she still hasn't gotten up yet. I picked up some medicine for her on my way back to the ranch today. Kinda funny because it was get back to the ranch, change out of my cute dress & sandals into grubby jeans, t-shirt & work boots then get to work!
This is BB (Big Bertha). She has had 3 quarts of milk this evening. If I hear her bawling in the night, I guess I'll be up feeding her some more. Don't want to over feed her, but she shouldn't go hungry either. Momma 238 got her shots that will, hopefully, promote healing & make it so she can get up. Not sure how long we give her, but I guess she can have all the time she needs as long as predators aren't predating on her while she's alive!
Kinda hard to see, but the stick looking thing at the bottom of the picture is actually a Lindheimers rat snake. Peaceful little fellow & he curled up in a little hole above the foundation. I hope he catches lots of mice & gets to be super big so he can catch even bigger mice!!

Tomorrow is a busy day - meet the auction guy for our cow/calf pick up, fertilize & water yard, feed BB, give Momma her shots, feed horses, put out hay for the big girls, feed my little girls & maybe even go talk to the boys. I know they are getting restless in their pastures & are waiting Memorial Day weekend so they can start lining up their hot dates for the summer. Laundry, laundry & more laundry & then my day will be DONE!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment