Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

First bluebonnets on the VW Ranch. I guess that means that Spring really is here. I just hope that this cooler weather lasts a while. I can wait for the 100+ temps.















Our first Brahman calf was born today. #30 had the first baby. They both look quite happy & healthy.












I can't say the same for my sweet Ruby & her head. Disaster struck this morning at breakfast. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but her head was split open. Really scarey. Quickly loaded her in the trailer & took her to the clinic where she got stitches. Doc says she'll be just fine & that it looked way worse than it was. They braided her bangs & painted her forehead silver. She was still a little druggy when I checked on her at 8, but should be back to her normal sweet self tomorrow.






Last photos for today. Here is WB as Bunk Stagner shooting black powder loads at The Best Little Cowboy Gathering on Saturday. It was a lot of fun & we are looking forward to doing it again next year.









I finally got to shoot my new rifle in a match style setting. Looking forward to getting the stock cut down so that it fits better & I don't loose my site picture all the time. Readjusting loses me time as well as messing with my accuracy!

Long day of tending to cows, horses, dogs, broken fences, camper trailer, grocery shopping, laundry, cooking & cleaning. Hopefully, tomorrow won't be quite so crazy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment