Thursday, March 31, 2011

Guess what y'all? Things are busy here! I know that comes as a surprise since I usually only talk about sitting around eating bon bons & clipping coupons. Today, I am going to get calf pictures. I can hardly keep track of how many we have now as they are hitting the ground faster than I can keep track. They are too cute & I just want to snuggle & love on all of them. Just wait until you see the baby Brahmans - they are all ears & a hump. They look like they'll take flight if they stand in the wind just right! Last week, we got a slab poured for the camper trailer. It will now have a permanent home under its wheels that is level! Mostly level anyway. There has to be some slope to it so that water will run off & not pool. I would say rain, but I'm not really sure what that is. I've heard it is when water falls from the sky. Sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo to me! We had some equine guests this week. The sorrel is Shiner & the white one is Cowboy. They belong to my horseback riding friends Rosemary & Rita. I have twice gotten to go riding this week. Monday was a nice long ride & a shorter one yesterday. So fun & our barn guests were very good. I think they were a little nervous about being away from home. As you can see, they don't look happy at all & were quite excitable! WB got a new black powder open top pistol last week & has been itching to shoot it ever since. He finally got his chance yesterday evening. It needs a little fine tuning, but is fun to shoot. He had a little audience while checking it out, but they didn't stick around too long. Mainly, they heard the Kubota & came running thinking that there was some food to be found. Sad & disappointed, they walked away. Today is going to be get the camper cleaned up day from WBs shoot last weekend. Wash sheets & towels & general cleaning. I need to doctor on my momma cow one more time & then we'll see how she is tomorrow & if I can put her back in the herd. Baby is doing really well though. Need to get my hay man to start hauling hay into the pole barn & the yard man to get me a yard! Car must get inspected & then I can go back to clipping coupons & eating bon bons!

No comments:

Post a Comment