Monday, March 7, 2011

Busy Bee

I can't believe I haven't posted anything since Feb!  We have been super busy out here on the range. 
Sugar is making a fabulous recovery.  She is making her way around mostly on her own, but does need a little help here & there.  No help necessary when it comes to finding her food bowl though!  WB's comment on her status is that she is going to outlive us all & we'll probably have to shoot her on judgement day!  It's amazing though because I was sure we were going to have to put her down.  We even had a hole dug!  So thankful that we were able to fill the hole empty & I still have my little Sugar dog for a while. 
The camper is home & sitting in the back yard.  WB is already ready to use it for his big shoot in Columbus in a few weeks.  I'm going to be really busy getting it outfitted with sheets, pillows, dishes, silverware, etc.  Basically, everything you need at home only it will be mobile.  It's clean, but I won't feel like it is clean until I clean it.  Then I'll know it is as clean as it will get!
The Best Little Cowboy Gathering is coming up this weekend & we are loading ammo like crazy as we'll be demonstrating what we do at our shoots.  Should be a lot of fun & my new split riding skirt should be ready for me to wear.  The whole thing should be a lot of fun even though the set up & break down is going to take a lot of time.  We'll have fun & the spectators too, hopefully!
We are taking a little break from working cattle this morning.  We've gotten all the calves worked.  Lots of baby bull calves who will now be steers & not many heifers.  I guess that is good because that means we'll have more to sell.
Now to work the mommas & get that whole lot out in the back pasture on that fresh green rye grass.
Here's hoping that I'll have time to get some pictures & blog again soon.  I'm always either too tired or don't have enough time to blog these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment