Friday, April 1, 2011

Calves, calves & more calves

The ladies have been super busy. Calves are hitting the ground faster than I can count them. It's hard to get out & count them in the Kubota because all the mommies think there is food in there & surround me. Not to be outsmarted by a cow, I saddled up Miss Ruby & we went calf counting. 14 in all in this group. 10 are commercial & 4 are Brahman. I don't think I got any pictures of the full Brahman although this little cutie looks like her daddy was a Brahman bull. If she stands in the wind just right, she might take flight with those giant ears! Some are hiding out in the brambles, some are just napping & some are curious as to why there is an animal on top of an animal with a silver thingy in their paw doing some something. That would be me on Ruby taking pictures! Such little cuties & they are in all colors & sizes. Such a fun time of year. I just wish that we could get some rain. That green stuff on the ground looks a lot greener & more plentiful in pictures than it does in real life. We need rain, rain, rain!! Other than a quick trip to town to run a few errands & get my car inspected, I was a plummer finishing the job on our new yard faucet water lines, laundress & maid getting the camper cleaned out & linens washed, cowgirl riding Ruby to count calves & doctoring on the momma cow (fingers crossed I won't have to mess with her anymore & will be able to let her back with her herd) &, finally, chef cooking a delicous dinner. I'm giving myself an easy day today. Maybe just a quick trip to pick up the 4-wheeler & not much else before or after that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment