Tuesday, April 26, 2011

We Have a Yard!

Busy days, as usual. We finally have a yard with grass & plantings in the flowerbeds like most normal people have. It doesn't seem that exciting but considering that we haven't had anything green in the yard excepts for weeds in over 2 years, I am about to burst I'm so happy to have a yard!!
Watering it all is a chore, but a welcomed task due to the above mentioned shortage of greenery around the house. I will also be more than happy to mow it as it will be opportunity to get some sun on my legs & it is super fun to drive the 360 mower!
Charlie & I had a great anniversary last week. He took the day off from work & we spent it giving my little car a super duper scrub (it was really filthy), lounging by the pool, a little nap & then a delicious dinner at Mo's - A Place for Steaks.
It was back to the ranch for me on Good Friday & Charlie was off to work then to begin a trip to Atlanta & Davidson, NC. Easter weekend was full of family, great friends & lots of fun. It's always sad when they all leave to go home. I wish I could keep them all here!
WB & I drove to Houston Sunday & spent the night. He had a Drs appointment in Richmond at 7:45 on Monday. All went well with his back procedure. Fingers crossed, that bulging disc at L5 & S1 will react to the shot & quit pressing on those nerves. He was feeling great yesterday. First time I've seen him walk without a limp in a very long time. Now that the anesthesia will have worn off from the injection site, we'll see in as little as 3 or as many as 10 days if the shot worked. Prayers & fingers crossed, it did!!
Once home yesterday, it was run, run, run. I tried to take a nap since I had been up since 4am, but I couldn't sleep knowing that momma 37 & her skinny baby were in the pens waiting for me. Momma was a good patient & let me milk her. Baby was not so compliant, but enjoyed his bottle of milk & had more spunk in him after a good feeding. Still not sure what is going on there so we are loading them up & getting them to the vet today.
Looking forward to the big trail ride this weekend & lots of time with Ruby!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment