Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm Hungry! When's Dinner?

You will be happy to know that Sugar is doing just great since her stroke. It was close there for a while & I think she heard us discussing putting her to sleep & so she has recovered quite well due to a fabulous Vet & his incredible staff. She is back to her normal self. She was quite pushy about having dinner at the table with us this night - little napkin around her neck with fork & knife in hand. Not sure how she was going to do that since she has no thumbs! Fun weekend out here at the ranch. My sister came for a visit. We had a delicious dinner Friday night & got caught up. Saturday, Charlie & I went to Austin to visit some of his Dad's family. We had a yummy lunch at The Oasis on Lake Travis & then a drive out to the Honey Creek Ranch which is just east of Llano. The lake is looking really low & HCR could use some good rain too. It was good to get out there as it has been a few years since I was there. Sunday was full of cows & hay & a nap. The nap part was my favorite! Today is going to be busy. We have 18 mommas & babies to work & get out of these front pastures. That should take some of the burden off what grass is on the ground & maybe I can go back to only having 2 hay rings out instead of 3. We also have 10 Brahman babies so far this year making for a total of 51 calves to far!! Very exciting & successful calving season so far & we have more to go. There are a few that look like they are just going to explode any minute if they don't have their baby soon! I also have the yard man coming to start laying top soil in the yard & next will be sod. I haven't seen grass in this yard in 2 years. Can't wait & I know Mary, the housekeeper, will be happy to keep the dust down in the house! The hay man should start delivering today & the handyman is coming back to hook up the stove top vent & fix one of the roof turbines. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to get into town this afternoon to return a dress that I bought on Friday & do a quick grocery shop. We'll see how exhausted or energized I'll be after this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment