Sunday, June 26, 2011

Busier Than a One Armed Paper Hanger

As usual, I have been sitting around on my duff clipping coupons & eating bon bons. What to do, what to do to fill the hours of the day.
HA!! If only that was the case!!

Busy - busy as usual. We have had lots of company out here at the ranch lately. A friend from high school & his son came to stay for a few days while his son attended a football day camp. Their schedule didn't mess up my normal routine too much other than preparing extra food for dinner & to the likes of an eater who's almost pickier than me!
Father's Day weekend was fun too. My sister, her husband & my brother were here for the weekend. We too had a great time together, but there just never seems to be enough time for my sister & me to do all the things we want to do together while she is here. This time, we didn't fight it & just went in to town to get pedicures. Very nice & quite relaxing.
A couple of days after that, my college roommate & her family arrived for a few days. Pictured here is me with her son & one of the love bug girls #53. She was smelling his feet & he was laughing his little head off - too cute. Lots of fun with them & we were all exhausted by the time they left to go home.

In celebration of a friend's 50th birthday, I got to see some other friends from high school. Hard to tell in this picture who works outside & who works in an office?? Hmmm - just can't imagine which is which. We had a great time visiting & have already made plans to get together for dinner & some margaritas soon. It is great to be home again & re-establishing all of my friendships from so long ago. It's as if these 20 some odd years have just flown by & we were sitting in English class just yesterday.
I had to take a picture of this BBQ pit. It is the most ginormous pit I have seen, live & in person, ever!! They did not fire up this monstrosity for the party but I would love a chance to sample some of the meaty deliciousness that you know would come out of a pit such as this. Yum Yum!

The usual tasks for me around here: feed BB, feed horses, feed little girls & put out hay for all the other cows. Laundry, laundry & more laundry after 2 busy weeks of company. The housekeeper is going to faint when she sees the mountain she has to fold & that is just WBs stuff. I folded all the extra laundry & am still working on getting all of mine done. So glad I don't have to fold all of it!!
Today is going to be a little easier - everyone is fed, the end of laundry is near & now to edge the yard I mowed yesterday. I'm hoping a few beers & a yummy burger with another friend is on tap for this afternoon!
Happy Weekend my Friends!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment