Monday, June 6, 2011

Calves & Dogs

What a lovely day yesterday. I felt super lazy since all I did was ride Ruby with some horseback riding friends & their noble steeds, take a nap, do some laundry & make dinner. The riding was wonderful & Ruby definitely likes her new saddle pad since she doesn't protest being saddled like she used to, but the nap was the bestest part of yesterday!
Little (who isn't so little any more!) BB is trying to eat my shirt in this picture. I was headed off to work with the horses yesterday morning & BB was more interested in more food. I guess my shirt looked like it would be tasty. She is such a little pillbert, but is coming along with her manners. She doesn't totally try to knock me down before or after eating & I don't have to run an obstacle course to loose her in order to get back in the house after she eats. She's trying to figure out eating grass & hay, but hasn't quite mastered it yet. She was 1 month old this past Friday so she will, hopefully, figure it out soon!
Sugar really loved our nap yesterday. I slept from about 1 to 3 but little old lazy bones stayed in bed until about 5:30. I had to wake her up & take her outside to potty. Being super cute is just exhausting for her. Although...she wasn't super cute last night! She had me up at 2, 3 & 4 this morning. First two times was to go potty & the third time because she was thirsty. Guess it's a good thing I got a nap because I didn't get the best nights sleep.
Feed horses, big little girls, put out hay, muck horse stalls, hang fly traps in horse barn & make meatloaf (per WB's request since mashed potatoes must go with meatloaf) for dinner are on tap for today. Not sure what else the day will bring, but I'm know it will be interesting to see what heads my way.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Tara - I'm just dying to visit your ranch! I was born in the city but the country's in my blood - I guess for good. Love your bloggin' girl - keep it up - makes my day to know whazup wif you. Love ya bunches, Laurie

    ReplyDelete