Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Where's Granny Clampet When There's Vittles to be Cooked?

I guess the rain has all the critters stirred up as I have seen a few things I've never seen out here before - ever!
Here, we have a Lindeimer's Rat Snake eating a lizard. I guess his name is deceiving & the lizard thought it was being invited to lunch & not for lunch. I've seen these snakes plenty of times, but have never witnessed the capture & consumption of its prey. I certainly don't mind them eating mice, but would prefer they not eat too many of the bug eating lizards!
Last night, this baby raccoon wandered up to the house & climbed the tree next to the front carport. Not sure if he was sick, most likely, or just wandered away from its Momma. It literally hung out in the tree for about 30 minutes & then disappeared. Hopefully the little guy is OK & not sick, but hope he went quickly if he was sick.
Not much to report here other than the usual. All animals fed & hayed this morning. We played with the new generators for the camper. My A/C unit is louder than those generators - so quiet! The final fix was put on one of the water troughs out back & we almost have the one in the bull pasture up & running again. We'll finish that project tonight or first thing in the morning.
Sugar got a bath today & is currently snuggled in blankets & sound asleep. Being clean just wears out an old lady. In fact, watching her sleep has giving me an idea...maybe it is nap time!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment