Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How Dry I Am

Nothing much to blog about these days.
  It's hot, dry & getting depressing out here.  Pretty much the same routine every morning - feed BB calf, feed horses & feed calves.  I have been rationing hay because we are getting low & it is becoming a scarce commodity around here.  We do have some bales coming from a local guy & some from north TX.  Still, it ain't cheap & I will continue to ration it out.  We need some bona fide rain dancers & we need rain, rain, rain, rain, rain.  A slow drizzle for about a month should get things started nicely!
  One of my dearest friends is coming for a visit with her family.  I haven't seen her in ages & so it will be good to see them.  We are going to work on the teenage group of girls tomorrow so they'll get to see us working them in the pens which is always fun for people who have never seen anything like that.  I have a few babies to ear tag & give them their shots.  Maybe we'll even get BB's stitches out & I'll be able to get a look at 39s baby who looks to have a similar umbilical hernia that BB had.
  We had a really nice Father's Day.  My sister, bro-in-law & brother were here.  WB took mercy on me & we all went out to dinner instead of me cooking.  I would have gladly done it anyway as I do enjoy the cooking part.  It's the cleanup that I don't ever want to do.  I'm a firm believer in the cook shouldn't have to do the dishes!  Another reason I prefer to cook!!
  Miss BB should be here any minute bawling her brains out for her breakfast.  I guess I better get a move on.  Happy Tuesday to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment