Sunday, June 5, 2011

What a Week!

All of my office working life, it seemed that the short weeks after a long weekend were always the longest weeks ever!  I guess it doesn't matter if you work in an office or outside, it still felt like an extra long week.  Maybe not so much the holiday weekend, but that I haven't taken a whole day of rest since I've been back from my trip.  Oh well.  With the summer heat coming on & these 100 degree afternoons, we'll pretty much be working half days anyway.  Get out & get going as soon as it's light enough to see & then shut it down around noon or a bit after.  Besides, livestock knows no weekend.  It's just another day.
After a day yesterday of feeding horses, cows, moving mineral feeders, moving a trailer, taking down a fence, watering the yard, laundry, putting out hay & lots of other stuff, I spent the evening with some friends & had delicious dinner with them.  This morning it is off to get my feeding done as I have some of my horseback riding gals coming out & we are going to go for a ride this morning.  Should be fun & I've missed seeing them.  So glad they are coming out to ride! 
Happy Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment