Saturday, December 11, 2010

Busy days on the ranch & so too tired to blog at night.
Yesterday, Donkey Hody decided that Pepe's handle bars were a great head scratcher. This was decided only after he realized he couldn't eat it!
All of the cows needed mineral in their feeders so I got that mixed up & delivered to all herds. Nearly got squished in the process because the horses & bulls were hanging around the feed room. All the animals go nuts when they see the feed buckets. A little hairy there when I had 3 horses, 1 Brahman bull & 1 Hereford bull all gathered around Pepe. Didn't know if I was going to get kicked, gored or just plain run over trying to get on & get him started!
Today is the first SASS shoot I will have been to since September. I hope I don't completely embarrass myself as I haven't done any practicing what so ever at all! Regardless, it will be fun.
I'll have to leave the shoot early to get to Houston. My cousin is in town for one night only. She has been visiting her family in Mexico & then flying back to Canada where she works for the Mexican Consulate. I don't envy her nearly complete crossing of North America! Way too much time on a plane for me. I am looking forward to seeing her & meeting her new husband. It has been quite a few years since I last saw her.
The picture below is of some of the little girls that we are keeping up to get used to us as well as needing branding. They were clamoring all over me & Pepe to get to some range cubes. So fun to just hang out in the pasture with them. The Brahmans especially do seem to enjoy affection & love to have their little horn base, top of their head, chin & side of their face scratched. None seem to mind a little back massage either. They are shy, curious & intelligent creatures!!
Off to finish getting ready for the shoot. Guns, ammo & most of my gear already in the truck. Now to get me ready & decide what to wear - always a dilemma!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment