Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Working for the Weekend

What a fun weekend. I want another one now!!!!
Had a great time in Houston. Our dinner table from Saturday night on the right. I knew we were in for a culinary marathon when I saw 4 glasses at each place setting. First course shown is roasted red pepper soup with parmesan & prosciutto crostini served with very tasty white wine - OMG!!! My cousin Rose out did herself on this menu & her husband picked the most delicious wines. Glad there were 7 of us because I would have felt compelled to finish every bottle of champagne, white & red wines & definitely the port! It was also great to see my cousin, Maria Stella. She wasn't a grown up married lady last time I saw her. Her husband is as kind & brilliant as she is so they are a great match. An international mix since she is very Mexican & he is very Canadian. Really sweet couple.
Today we will start getting the teenager group of heifers sorted for branding. I will be relieved to get that group of girls out of their pastures so that we can put the bulls & horses in their place. It is really difficult to load up the Kubota with feed when you have horses & giant Brahman bulls clamoring to sneak a bite out of the buckets. It is also a little scary since you don't know if you are going to get kicked or bitten by a horse or have one of the bulls run you over! Gets a little more "western" than I'd like. Can't blame them though because that feed does smell delicious even to me! Charlie swears he is going to put some in a bowl with milk & give it a whirl one day!! Will have to be ready with a camera the day he does - should be funny.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment