Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Day Like This


What a lovely day. It was super chilly this morning so I put on the layers. 2 shirts, 1 sweatshirt, jacket & hat plus silk thermals under my jeans with my warmest socks before my boots. I felt like Randy from The Christmas Story! Went down to the workshop to help WB. He was retrofitting some heat branding irons with shorter handles for freeze branding. That was super fun!! I didn't get to do too much, but I did get to hold the rosebud torch & heat the iron so WB could bend the new handles. After he used the cutting torch to cut of the excess, I got to pound the handles flat again. Needless to say, I had peeled out of a few shirt layers around all that heat!
The electricians finished their work & now the TV in my room actually works instead of constantly searching for satellite signal. This is probably a blessing in disguise. I didn't really miss the TV, but it is nice to have on now & again. Will feel we are getting use of our investment.
Ran off to take care of errands & look at travel trailers. Only saw two, but I liked one of them. Since this is just the beginning of the search, I don't want to make any decisions or give WB the go for a purchase quite yet. Am going to hit Craig's List to see what else I can find.
By the time I got home & unloaded, it was time to feed the kids. Look how cute they are all lined up & sharing their dinner. The one on the right got her freeze brand yesterday which is why her rump is shaved. They are too cute! The momma below had horns yesterday, but we had them removed since they were growing into her head. She seems to be in a much better mood today although she still runs all the little ones off from which ever trough she is using. So, I guess she hasn't changed too much since alleviating her headache!!
Not sure what tomorrow will bring. Need to get a bunch of packages in the mail & then I may get the horses up & ride each one of them for a little bit in the arena. I don't feel too good about taking them too far out with out a riding buddy, but it will do them good to get saddled & ridden a little bit. They are getting fat & sassy out there in the pasture gorging on hay all day.
I think I'll go watch a little of this TV. Will most likely turn it off & read my book though!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment