Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ahhhh, Sunday

No time for blogging!
After a long morning of sorting cattle on Friday, it was a mad dash to get to Houston before Charlie got home from work.  It was good to be back in my other home.  Sugar didn't have any problem taking up her regular post in the swivel chair & barely moved the rest of the night.
Saturday was busy with errands.  I managed to pull an extraordinary graceful move & spilled coffee all over the contraption (the name bestowed upon my cell phone).  The contraption is still working, but the speakers were on the fritz for a few hours.  It is finally back in working order & all systems go again. 
RSVPs are coming in for WBs birthday party so I guess I better get busy ordering a cake & taking care of some of the other smaller projects for the festivities.
Back to the ranch today.  WB & Charlie are headed off to dove hunt & fish in S. Tx.  Hope this trip is better than the last one.  Anything is better than the experience last year in Mexico where one of the hunting parties was held up at gun point, robbed & roughed up.  Thankfully, everyone made it home safely but that was the end of Rancho Acazar which has been in operation since the early 60s.  Sad for many reasons, but mainly because there are a lot of people who depend on those hunters to supplement their income.
Starting on the flower beds tomorrow, meet the auction pick up guys, meeting the satellite cable guy to hook up the new TV, neighbors picking up their cattle & maybe a drive to Flatonia to pick up the auction check.
Back to Houston on Tuesday & then a rest from the blog again as I will be in FL for a week.  I must have lost my mind when I scheduled this trip - too much to do right now to be goofing off with the girls in FL.  I guess after a week of goofing, I'll have no excuse for not getting my other projects done!

2 comments:

  1. I personally think a week of goofing with the girls in FL is well deserved :) By both of us, love ya, see ya soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed spending time with you today.

    ReplyDelete