Thursday, October 14, 2010

Friday Eve Y'all

Took a cruise out back with WB this morning & we saw....
2 very healthy looking doe run across the road
8-9 ducks took off from the alligator pond (Daddy caught an alligator years
  ago in one of the Frisch Auf gold course water hazards & let it go in this
  pond as it is fed by Robinson's Creek - hence, alligator pond)
AND....
biggest news of the day is that we have a baby Black Buck!! 
Saw the little one bouncing around behind momma this morning, but could not get a picture.  Fingers crossed, this one will make it to adulthood.  All the other babies mysteriously disappear.  Not sure if it is a bobcat or a panther - yes, panther.  I saw one scoot across the road in front of me the other day.  If not a panther, it was world's largest house cat & I don't think it would enjoy Meow Mix for dinner!

All of WB's b-day party invites are now in the mail.  Now, all I have to do is plan the rest of the party!  ACK!!!  Did a little more cleaning by organizing the bottom kitchen cabinets & under the sink.  Where does all that stuff come from?  Do cleaning agents breed under there & make more???   Needless to say, it will be a long time before we have to buy any cleaning products.

Got to use the cutting torch & a ginormous ball peen hammer to fix the squeeze chute.  That was super fun!  Maybe this winter, WB will teach me how to weld.  Not only a useful skill, but you get to wear those cool hats.

WB & I got all the commercial cattle trapped up around the pen as we are going to sort off some of the large steer calves to go to auction on Monday.  These handsome devils will be appearing on your plate soon.  Man they look delicious!!!  Yep, I'm a carnivore & proud of it y'all.  Will hopefully have some good pictures of all those yummy little guys to show you.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I know I saw a panther cross the road once when I was out there! My first thought was "that is the strangest looking dog I've ever seen!" But when I got closer I could tell it was a ginormous cat! It may have been a bobcat; but if that is the case it was a genetic FREAK because it was huge! So I'm with you on the panther thing!
    love you!
    e

    ReplyDelete