Monday, October 18, 2010

Another lovely day on the ranch.
Saw a sweet little doe sprint across the yard this morning, helped get all the little steers in the trailer headed to auction, trimmed the grapevine, cleaned out the flower beds, shooed all the mommas bawling for their babies out of the trap pasture, helped get the tractor running again (3 days of mowing 4+ft tall goat weed will clog up the radiator screen!), fed the heifers & went out to dinner. 
I did see little baby Black Buck.  Was worried that it has gotten "got" by the mysterious whatever that has spirited away with all the other babies.  Guess this momma is good at hiding that little one from the predators.  Fingers crossed, this one will see adulthood.

Tomorrow - not sure.  I might just not do any ranch stuff & give myself a pedicure!  Of course, I'll probably end up cleaning out some closet & be up to my elbows in dust & mouse poop.  Will have to see what mood strikes me in the morning - cleaning mood or pampering mood.  Maybe both!!  Uh, not at the same time - cleaning then pampering would be the logical order.

No comments:

Post a Comment