Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pride before the fall???

What a lovely day.  Started with setting the gates up in the pastures to trap the 2nd Brahman herd to work tomorrow, filled the Black Buck feeder & set up the mineral feeder with new minerals in it for the 1st Brahman herd.  About that time, my riding girls showed up & my boss gave me a pass to go with them.  Rode Gameil, my first time ever to ride him -beautiful white gelding who has a charming disposition.
We were having a great ride until.....
Gameil decided he was done!!  He ran up a hill bucking the whole way.  Since I had just gotten back on him, my left foot was not in the stirrup.  I was holding on as best I could but could tell it wouldn't be long before I hit the ground.  So, I hit the ground on my own!  In this case, it was fall before the pride.  My left side is a little sore but nothing compared to my pride!! 
The girls assisted me in coming to & getting my bearings again before I climbed back on Mr. G.  The rest of the ride was rather uneventful.
Lots of fun & I am either too stubborn or too stupid as I will definitely ride him again.  

Smaller group of cattle to work tomorrow.  I'm the black leg shot person.  Wish me luck as I understand it is very painful to humans to get that shot!!  Dear Lord let my aim be true.

Now for some more Advil & off to bed.  Too much to do tomorrow to be crippled from my antics today.

1 comment:

  1. There's no "Holy S%#t" option under "Reactions" to your post! "Funny" "Interesting" and "Cool" don't accurately describe my reaction. Gamiel and I are gonna have a "talk" this weekend. I don't cotton to uppity horses throwing my one and only when I'm not there to catch you! I'm very relieved you're (mostly) allright and can't wait to see you!!!:-)

    ReplyDelete