Sunday, October 31, 2010

Back in Texas

Such a fun trip to Florida.  I miss having all those wonderful people in my daily life.  Had a great time & now I have traded my shorts & flip flops for boots & jeans.  Funny how easy it is to make the transition - I'm so at home in both places.  I've always said to myself that if I ever lived in another state besides Texas that it would be Florida.

Charlie & I went exploring in the Kubota yesterday morning.  Saw a huge flock of geese & two little doe munching their way through a mesquite grove.  My heart is more at peace when I am here than any where else.  If I could just get all of my Florida family to move here, it would all be complete!

Sunshine girl gone & cowgirl is back as we will be working cattle this week.  It is more than past time to get some of these large calves off their mammas & give those ladies some peace & rest while they are brewing up their Spring calves.  We also need to get all the commercial cattle inventoried & get the two steers off to market.  Those little rascals escaped from us a few weeks ago.  Guess they were the smart ones in the group!

Happy Halloween to all.  Have fun tonight, eat all the candy you want & be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment