Sunday, November 7, 2010

Back to Work

So busy Friday & this weekend that I haven't been able to blog!  The withdrawals were killing me.

Friday was a busy run around day.  Finally worked on the gray water line from the wash house & was able to get it mostly working.  Charlie found another large blockage in the line on Saturday & fixed it.  We now have a fully functioning drain line for the wash water & my shower.  YEA!  I discovered a huge flaw in WBs yard fencing.  I think I walked 3 miles just getting from the line to the hose in the yard to the hose faucet.  I asked my dad what was the deal with no extra gates???  Was ready for a nap after my end of the project & it wasn't even 10am!!  Will have to tack on to the yard project a few more access gates especially if we are going to move the guinea house & make it into a chicken coop.  It will make it much easier to access that part of our 2 acre yard.

I was proud of my cattle calling skills on Friday as I managed to trap up a majority of the commercial herd all by myself.  Yee Haws for me!!  Over the weekend we were able to get a few more of the stragglers in, but still have 3 mommas, 1 calf of ours & 2 mommas & 1 calf of a neighbors to get called up.  It shouldn't be long as I'm sure they are lonely without their friends.  Not so sure about the neighbor cows as they are wild as March hares.  One of them is really ugly - has little red rabbit eyes.  Kind of freaky for a cow.

My sister & I got a bunch of WBs party stuff done.  Did a whirlwind shopping excursion on Saturday for party stuff as well as some clothes shopping.  Scored well on all fronts.  We spent most of Saturday evening curling old rusty barbed-wired around pipes for table decorations for the party.  What a mess!  Didn't realize how much rust was hitting me & the carpet until we were done & had to clean up the mess.  Oh well.  Daddy didn't care & we did get it all cleaned up.

Tomorrow is going to be fairly busy.  We'll see what all kind of trouble I can get in to & will report in tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't snap to the fact that you'd called up the majority of the commercial cattle all by yourself, but I'm not surprised. After all, you are a dyed-in-the-wool rancher! Way to go Babe!

    ReplyDelete