Thursday, November 4, 2010

Off With Their Heads!

Today was sunny & bright but windy as downtown Chicago!  Can your eyeballs get wind burn??

Not too exciting of a day.  Took our out of town visitors around to love on the calves & my favorite bull, Val.  They had a great time & got some great pictures to take back home.  Hopefully they will come visit again & be able to enjoy a longer visit.

Ever so fortunately, my taxidermist friend Mike decided he'd come out to the ranch to get Mr. Buck's head.  Fortunate for us & self serving for him in that he had his niece with him.  We had a good time playing with the calves again & messing around with the horses.  Told her to bug her Uncle Mike to make sure she'd have time to come out here & ride horses on her next visit.  Also good news in the we saw Mrs. Buck this evening.  She's not very happy in the pasture by herself & I hope she makes it alright.  Black Buck are herding animals so she is going to be very lonely.  Makes me a little sad for her.

We wanted to work cattle tomorrow, but that plan was thwarted when Pepe stalled out on me as I was headed out to the back pasture.  Thankfully, I wasn't too far out & was able to get back to the house without much trouble.  Actually no trouble at all since I had my cell phone & called Mary (our helper's wife) to come get me.  No go on getting Pepe started again even with the help of the repair guy.  Daddy & I got it loaded up on the trailer & back to the hospital it went.  At least now I'll have full brakes & new tires for it.  Not sure why those repairs weren't done to begin with, but I was not in charge of this repair project plus we may have had too great of an expectation with the repair folks figuring out all of its problems.

Gray water line in place.  Now I just have to flush it out to make sure there aren't any little critters living in there or their homes still in there before attaching it to the drain pipe from the house.  Shouldn't be too difficult, but you never know!!

Busy weekend with sister & husband here to help with the final preparations for Daddy's party.  Will be fun & tiring, but I'll be very relieved to have all preparations done!!

Until tomorrow.  Have a wonderful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment