Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It Rained!

Killer cool storm last night.  I had to stand in the carport & just watch it pour down & check out the super cool lightening storm.  I love night time rain.  The world is squeaky clean when you wake up - the air is fresh & crisp, the grass is perky & ,my nephew's favorite part, all the cattle are clean.  He was so funny this summer - very upset that they had poop on their hind ends.  I tried to explain that they don't really care & don't have access to toilets or toilet paper!  A 6 year old mind just can't comprehend that concept, I guess.

WB & I got some good stuff done today.  Messed around in the pasture this morning just making sure everyone made it through the storm all right & that we didn't have any trees hit by lightening.  Drove to the Polaris dealership to pick up my little mule, Pepe (reference to Romancing The Stone).  Once home with it, he got a good bath & I had fun riding around on it.  A little chilly, but fun anyway.  We replaced the rain gauge since our old one was cracked & didn't hold water.  Some neighbors stopped by for a visit while I was fixing supper.  They are a sweet couple & I'm glad they popped in for a few.

Tomorrow is going to be a little slower.  We now have the coupling to fix the gray water drain pipe & my uncle is coming out for a visit with some friends.  Best part about that is that he makes wonderful cocktails & I won't have to cook supper nor clean the kitchen.

Will post a picture of the my little "get around" mobile - Pepe.  He is dressed in camo so he may be hard to see!!  :-)

1 comment: