Thursday, November 18, 2010

Elvis lives in Vegas & John Wayne in my pasture


This handsome young man is Tracy. I must say that if I were a cow, I'd want to be in his pasture!! He was born on June 13, 2004 which is why he was named Tracy. Trece is Spanish for 13. WB touched him before his momma had a chance to & they have been the best of buds ever since. As an adolescent, Tracy would lay out on his side with all fours stuck out. WB could sit on the ground & Tracy would put his head in WB's lap. Not so sure that is a good idea now & his horns would prevent that any way. He's a bull & not to be completely confused with a pet, but he has a very gentle nature. He sees those of us that are familiar to him & just comes striding over (very JWesque) to get a few scratches on his face & horns, but mainly to see if we have any range cubes for him. To give you an idea of how wide his nose is, I have to feed him with both hands at the same time & he could still swallow them whole!
Super day yesterday. Got all the commercial herd counted, re-tagged & photographed. Now the boring part of updating the computer information. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both & there you have.....sorry, 80's sitcom flash back moment there. All in a days work though, right folks?
Looking forward to going horseback riding today. I haven't been since my intentional dismount experience last month. Am not scared so much (not that I don't have a new found respect for my equine friends) as I just haven't had time to go & it isn't much fun to go by yourself anyway. Should be a fun morning & the weather should improve as the day goes on. After that, I will have to get on my inventory task. I'd love to knock that out today & have it D-O-N-E!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: