Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Yesterday Today

Yesterday was a whirlwind of activity. Off to town first thing in the morning to return the empty fertilizer/seed spreader. We ran a couple of small errands & then back to the house. After we moved 300lbs of feed into the feed room (sounds like a lot but it's only 6 bags!), it was time to get WBs Kubota back on all 4 feet. New tire installed & he was a happy driver again.
Shortly after lunch, I was off to town again to pick up a full fertilizer/seed spreader & had a whole new list of errands to run. I was a little nervous driving the full spreader back home, but I did it! Sounds silly to be nervous about it, but I was driving my dad's truck & hadn't pulled a trailer or any ranch equipment in a really, really long time. Guess it all came back to me fairly easily as I managed to get home without any problems & even backed up the spreader in a good spot to be hooked up to the tractor.
I checked on my little mule Pepe. He had to go back to the doctor as he was still sick. Waiting on 3 more tires & a master cylinder for the brakes. We'll see what other surgery on his brake system he'll need after the MC is installed. Fingers crossed, not too much more so that Pepe can come home!!
WB found one more heifer out back & so we coaxed her to the trap pasture with range cubes. We have a true scavenger hunt to do today in that we saw a cow corpse & need to find the ear tag so we know who kicked the bucket. Always sad to see that as we have no idea how the little lady died.
The sun was setting & the adult Brahman herd was working their way to their night time pasture. I had to take this picture as I know Mom would have loved this scene. "A lovely pastoral scene" is probably what she would have said.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment